Friday, October 14, 2005

Mad About You

I sat, blimplike and content, and let the television slip 30 minutes of electronic soma into my soul. Proud of that? Maybe not...but embarassed? Um, not at all.

"Mad About You" came on, and I decided to write a review of it. I liked that show very much, back in the day, and now, through the cold light of cynical immaturity....I liked it very much.

So I planned my review: Paul Reiser's wise but schlumpy husband;, Helen Hunt's near-bitchy but intriguing, loving and sexy wife; dialogue that quips and sizzles but never (or rarely rarely) falls into television-scriptwriter-cute....quirky, likeable, real characters whose company you enjoy and whose relationship you envy.

But before I write all this stuff, I need to know one thing: does liking this show make me a girl?

By the way? I love Steven Wright. Is anyone-- living or dead -- funnier than he?